- 1980’s to 2000’s Involved in more than 50 international expeditions, many first descents, in the Himalayas (Nepal, Bhutan, Pakistan, and India), Turkey, Europe, and Mexico: (too numerous to list)
- Author of White Water Nepal (1992)
- Author of White Water Europe: Book One North Alps (1996)
- Author of White Water Europe Book Two: South Alps (1996)
- Author of White Water Masif Central (2002)
- At the forefront of river safety in conjunction with the Alpine Kayak Club
Peter (a.k.a. Slime) has dedicated his life to white water, conducting expeditions around the world since his earliest big river experience on the Grand Canyon in 1973. He is held with the utmost respect and has paddled with many of the other major expedition paddlers and explorers of the time including fellow British explorer-paddlers Mike Jones, Mick Hopkinson, and Dave Manby. Peter’s style does not follow that of the traditional large supported expeditions. Instead although many of his explorations were first descents, that aspect was not half as important as being a great trip and a unique adventure while maintaining the utmost in safety. He was not a brash trip leader but instead, his soft spoken manner lent itself to team-oriented expeditions and as a good ambassador for kayaking, took care to consider the local population, often including locals in festivities.
Throughout his paddling career, he has documented detailed maps and river grading for virtually every river drainage in Nepal and most rivers in Europe. His guide books, considered by many as the Bibles of river running, are not only filled with the essential details, maps, information, and advice about the rivers but also with amusing anecdotes and drawings. With his friendly and good natured humor, Peter has introduced local people to the pleasure of paddling down and playing in rapids in Nepal and India, and as a consequence, has helped to create a growing white water tourism industry in Nepal, Bhutan, and India.