Cathy began her two-decade winning career in international competition with an unprecedented three gold medals (’79 World Championship) in slalom, slalom team, and wildwater team events.
She has always been extremely competitive in all types of whitewater including C-1 (her first whitewater boating experience) and C-2, and in wildwater in addition to slalom. Cathy has shared her knowledge during most of her career providing affordable and volunteer coaching nationally and internationally. She is the current U.S. National Coach, primarily working with the C-1 and C-2 national team athletes. Cathy is also a certified practitioner of the Feldenkrais Method which she has incorporated specifically for coaching of paddling technique.
• Gold Medalist: ’79 World Championship
• Silver Medalist: ’81 World Championship
• Two-time Bronze Medalist: ’89 and ’97 World Championship
• Two-time Bronze Overall Medalist: ’89 and ’97 World Cup
• Two-time Olympian: ’92 and ‘96
• Outrigger Canoe World Championship Women’s team member (1993 and 1994)
• National and Olympic Team coach for Italy (2004)
• US National Team coach (2005-2007)