- 2013 Nominations: are now closed.
- See the 2013 Class of Honorees here.
- Induction Ceremony Takes Place October 3rd, 2013 at PaddleExpo, Germany.
- Read the full press release here.
Each year, the International Whitewater Hall of Fame honors the world’s most accomplished whitewater Pioneers, Explorers, Champions, and Advocates.
Nominations from around the world are submitted to the IWHOF offices by Affiliate organizations. These organizations have been selected for their broad representation of the whitewater industry and their expressed interest in IWHOF.
Affiliates determine their own internal process for collecting nominations. Many affiliates take suggestions from their membership while others work internally with their administrative boards, editorial committees or other selected committee.
All nominations are screened by IWHOF to insure that nominees meet the category criteria for which they are nominated with a final ballot selected from the top nominations for each category.
The whitewater public is encouraged to contact their representative affiliates to participate in the nomination process.
The Nomination Process for the Class of 2014 is as follows:
1. Download the nomination form. Completed nominations are due in by midnight EST on 15 December 2013. Or, if you prefer, Click Here for the ONLINE Nomination Form and submit your nomination conveniently online. (Don’t forget to email the supporting photos, videos, other files, etc. separately.)
2. Affiliate Organizations or Honorees will fill out the Nomination Form Completely and return to IWHOF Media Relations, either by email, fax, or postal mail with all supporting files and documents. Individuals will fill out the Nomination Form and forward to an Affiliate Organization or an Honoree for submission to Media Relations prior to the Nomination Deadline.
3. Fill out all sections completely. Incomplete forms with incomplete documentation and supporting files and information give our screeners insufficient information to place candidates on the ballot for election.
4. Please include with your nomination form submission any and all published information, documents, articles and/or manuscripts, photographs, news clippings, DVDs and/or video footage, Website URLs and Links, blog information and any other info that will be helpful in evaluating your nominee. This information will also be used, should your nominee be elected to the Hall of Fame, in the production of the annual DVD highlighting the achievements of the new class of honorees. You can see the 2011 Video on the IWHOF home page.
5. One important change this year is the life of a nomination. All nominations are active for five years. You do not have to resubmit your nomination on an annual basis. However, should your nominee still be active and participating in the whitewater community and adding additional accomplishments, you are free to update your nomination by sending a list of additional accomplishments since the original nomination form was submitted, or you may complete an entirely new nomination form.
6. Please forward your completed Nomination Form and all supporting documents to any one of our affiliated organizations or IWHoF Honorees for submission to the IWHoF Media Relations for consideration, by 15 December 2012.
7. Any questions or concerns, please Contact IWHOF Media Relations at email@example.com.